Police and Crime Prevention OD and Change Practitioner Programme
This programme is a highly relevant, practical and valuable development opportunity for Organisational Development (OD) practitioners in policing and crime prevention services.
It is grounded in the realities of the work and framed by formal frameworks, policies and agendas and the reality of modern policing and crime prevention. We bring professional expertise and experience and will guide and support you through this programme which blends taught content, experiential and action-based learning with an ongoing peer support and development element throughout.
Our faculty team have been carefully chosen for their expertise and knowledge around the programme's core subject matter as well as their experience of working with Policing and Crime Prevention.
Through attending the programme you will develop your:
- understanding of OD history, practice and present forms
- impact and influencing skills, self-awareness and use of self
- ability to use data and design interventions based on evidence
- understanding of the dynamics of power and politics in policing from an OD lens
- capability and impact at individual, team and organisational levels in your role and sector
as well as developing a peer network to learn from and be supported by.
Who is it for?
This programme is for individuals working in a HR/OD/Change role in Policing and Crime Prevention. We have designed the programme for the practitioner’s development and for those seeking to deepen and enrich their understanding of OD in context.
Participants will enjoy a mix of taught input and practical application as well as engaging in experiential learning and reflection with peers in a safe community of learning.
History, Overview, Impact and Relevance to Policing and Crime Prevention
Impact and Influence
Relationships, building a network, strategic practice in a highly structured context
Data and intervention
Diagnosing data, designing, delivering, and evaluating interventions that make a difference
Power, privilege, politics
Understanding and working with power, difference, and culture through the exploration of self and system
Enabling and leading change at the individual, organisational and system level
- Direct and rapid improvement on the projects being undertaken in your organisation.
- Participants work on the real challenges they are facing and are supported by those who have been through similar or relevant experiences in the past.
- Grounded in the reality of modern policing and crime prevention
- Delivered and supported by faculty and guest speakers with a background and experience within policing and crime prevention
- Programme is certified by SFJ Awards
- Membership of the Programme Alumni Network
This program is an excellent opportunity to provide policing and those in the crime prevention world with the skills and talent it requires, to meet the ever increasing complex challenges the future holds. Excellent opportunities to learn from each other, develop new thoughts and approaches for the world of organisational development. Organisational development is a key component of a modern police service, this program reinforces that fact and also gives access to the right expertise. Keith Fraser, Chair Of Youth Justice Board for England and Wales
Toby Lindsay MSc Phd (ongoing) - Principal Consultant Skills for Justice
Beverley Powell BSc (hons), PGCE, Assoc. CIPD, NCF Life Coach, MSc - Associate Consultant, Skills for Justice
Simon Gott BA (hons), MSc - Associate Consultant, Skills for Justice
Programme governance and oversight:
Shelly Hossain BA, PG Dip, MBA, NTL - Associate Consultant, Skills for Justice
How to book